This page outlines what potential contributors to Hit The Road need to know in order to have their contribution accepted and published.
Read the following before submitting
Hit The Road seeks original writing, photography, and video that speaks to the adventures, cultures, and amazing experiences of road trips around the world. Emphasis is put on experiences in rented campervans and motorhomes however it’s the road journey and all that this entails that will be the winning angle in the end.
- Become familiar with what we like to publish by spending time on the site before submitting.
- Avoid submitting on specific topics or story angles we’ve already published.
- Publishing rights – read our full Author’s Rights.
- Payment – standard payment is US$50, depending on article type and length. Payments are made via PayPal in the month after the article is PUBLISHED.
Please note that, due to restrictions imposed by Paypal, we are unable to pay residents of certain countries unless a special arrangement is made. Learn more.
Sending in your draft
- Send an original draft (max 1500 words). Check spelling, punctuation, grammar, and facts. Submissions sent with numerous errors are unprofessional and will not be considered for publication.
- Embedded photos and videos in the submission are not required; simply indicate where photos are intended to be used in the submission and then provide links to your Flickr, Pinterest or YouTube account containing the photos or videos.
- Submissions received without all accompanying info requested on the submission form will not be considered.
- Because of the high volume of submissions we receive, we can’t guarantee a publication of your submission. We try to give a response to all submissions. If you are successful in having your submission accepted, it is not payable until it has been published.