Contributing to Hit The Road
Hello! Welcome the "Contribute" section of Hit The Road for those with the urge to combine travel, creative flair and earning money.
This page outlines what potential contributors to Hit The Road need to know in order to have their contribution accepted and published.
Please read the following before submitting
Hit The Road seeks original writing, photography, and video that speaks to the adventures, cultures, and amazing experiences of road trips in Australia, New Zealand the USA and Canada. Emphasis is put on experiences in rented campervans and motorhomes however it’s the road journey and all that this entails that will be the winning angle in the end.
- Become familiar with what we like to publish by spending time on the site before submitting.
- Avoid submitting on specific topics or story angles we’ve already published.
- Publishing rights – read our full Author’s Rights (next page).
- Payment – standard payment is a link to your site and US$50 depending on article type and length. Payments are made via PayPal in the month after the article is PUBLISHED. You can also put a link to yourself in your profile page.
Please note that, due to restrictions imposed by Paypal, we are unable to pay residents of certain countries unless a special arrangement is made. Learn more.
Sending in your draft
- Send an original draft (max 1500 words). Check spelling, punctuation, grammar, and facts. Submissions sent with numerous errors are unprofessional and will not be considered for publication.
- Embedded photos and videos in the submission are not required; simply indicate where within the article photos are intended to be used and then provide links to your Flickr, Pinterest or YouTube account containing the photos or videos. You must own the IP or usage rights to the images you submit.
- Submissions received without all accompanying info requested on the submission form will not be considered.
- Because of the high volume of submissions we receive, we can’t guarantee a publication of your submission. We try to give a response to all submissions. If you are successful in having your submission accepted, it is not payable until it has been published.