Motorhome Rental Perth – Chase Adventure Or Explore The Coast? While Perth is an adventure in its own right, there is so much to explore beyond this city at the edge of the universe. Once you hop into your motorhome rental Perth can become a fond memory as you set
Motorhome Rental Perth – Chase Adventure Or Explore The Coast?
While Perth is an adventure in its own right, there is so much to explore beyond this city at the edge of the universe. Once you hop into your motorhome rental Perth can become a fond memory as you set to wander up and down the coast or out into the interior. Both options offer promises of a trip you and your family will not easily forget.
The route into the interior is clearly marked. It is not, however, for the faint of heart. Yet, if you want to see the mining routes of Western Australia, hop in your motorhome rental. With Perth behind you, take to the open road along highway 94 towards Kalgoorlie-Boulder. Before you reach here, you will pass through two other communities in the Outback worth stopping over in. These are Southern Cross and Coolgardie, a sleepy little town founded in 1898.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, 600 km from Perth, is a classic representative of an Australian mining town. It is home to the Mining Hall of Fame as well as the Super Pit. Visit the buildings along Hanna Street. These show community’s gold rush heritage. Stay overnight or a couple of days in the Discovery Holiday Parks in Kalgoorlie-Boulder. This will allow you time to explore the Super Pit, the largest open cut gold mine in the world and an amazing feat of engineering.
After Kalgoorlie-Boulder, you could set your sights on Norseman. This will take you back to the southern coast and, eventually, the Nullarbor. If you plan to stay in Norseman or nearby, consider the Gateway Caravan Park.
Motoring Up the Coast
Heading up the Sunset and Turquoise Coasts can be a soothing change from the bustle of Perth. Take to your motorhome rental, Perth will be a pleasant memory as you head along the coastal route from Perth to Broome with plenty of chances to stop and swim or stay overnight along the way. You can explore the coastal caves or do side trips to natural reserves along the way. Part of your agenda should be:
- Yanchep National Park – See the splendour of wetlands, bushwalks and woodlands
- Guilderton – On the Moore River. You can stay the night at Guilderton Caravan Park
- Lancelin – A windsurfer’s delight, you can see towering sand dunes and watch wind surfers and kite surfers strut their stuff
- Pinnacles Desert – Namburg National Park is home to the world famous Pinnacles, Admire the spirals and twisting rock formations.
- Cervantes – Explore the beaches of the Coral Coast and the Desert You might find room to stay overnight at Cervantes Pinnacle Caravan Park
- Badgingarra National Park – Stop and smell the wildflowers along the Brand Highway. You can stay at the small town’s Badgingarra Caravan Park or at Wadda Farms Caravan Park
- Geraldton – With fine sandy beaches, this is a perfect place to spend the night
- Kalbarri National Park – Sea cliffs tower over dramatic river gorges as the Murchison River weaves and fights its way through the Park past the striking Red Bluff into the Indian Ocean
- Monkey Mia – Make the time to follow this side road to the dolphins of Monkey Mia who have been providing pleasure to all who visit the area for over 40 years.
- Ningaloo Marine Park – If you want to explore the Reef and its colourful marine life, stay at nearby Exmouth at Exmouth Cape Holiday Park
- Dampier – A must see is the nearby display of petroglyphs on the Murujga (Burrup Peninsula). It is in fact believed to be the largest collection in existence today in the world. You can book a stay at the Dampier Caravan Transit Park or
- Port Hedland – a seaside port town where you can watch the ships come in and load. Nearby, you can visit sites featuring Aboriginal carvings
After Port Hedland, it is on to Broome and the end of this adventure or the start of another one. You can head back down the coast returning your Motorhome rental to Perth, or head off up into the Kimberley. The choice is yours and either decision will turn out to be a great one.
So now that you know what to expect why not head over and book your motorhome right away! Or head back to the home page to find out more