1. The customer service was barely acceptable on picking up the vehicle. T...
1. The customer service was barely acceptable on picking up the vehicle. The service attendant did not
reasonably explain how to operate the refrigerator or the hot water system. Nor check /confirm if all items were workable (which they weren't).
2. There was a sink plug that was broken which required us to purchase a new one. Also there was water leaking from the plumbing below the sink.
3. The locks on some of the outside compartments were jammed, unable to lock or unlock.
4. We invited our travelling companions for a B.B.Q dinner on the third night, pulled out the B.B.Q which was in such a filthy condition that we slid it straight back in, spoiling our plans for that evening. Which left us feeling very embarrassed and disgusted.
5. The refrigerator was not working properly and we had to ring for advice, even then did not work properly
as in the freezer would freeze ok but the rest of the fridge was only just cool. A lot of food had to be thrown out because it did not keep for more than a day.
6. The cabin Air conditioner would only work intermittently. It might work for 10-20 minutes then stop for up to an
hour and come back on again, which was very inconvenient, to say the least, with some days reaching 37 degrees.
7. The vehicle would consistently shudder between 90 and 95 kph. Wheel balance? Wheel alignment?
8. As reported, the right hand large rear view mirror fell while we were driving along. I noticed it has slid down to the bottom of the plastic surrounds. It was wedged fairly tightly to the bottom of the frame and decided it would be ok till the next town, but when I checked a few minutes later it had flown off.
9. Items in the storage compartment at the rear of the vehicle were in a poor state of repair. Only 2 camping chairs (for a 6 berth), insufficient hose connections, no blue liquid for the toilet cassette.
10. It was just shoddy.
These issues led to a disappointed feeling towards the rental company and spoiled what should have been a great holiday experience
We rented this great Mercedes Sprinter based double berth motorhome which is not listed in the fleet of Kangaroo Campervans for 8 weeks and travelled with it from Adelaide to Cairns (more than. 6.000 km). We booked it online from Germany via campervanfinder.com.au as we were looking for a comfortable motorhome for two people for a reasonable price. It was not a new van (starting at 135.000 km) and the interior was a little worn, but everything was functioning, and the layout was ideal for us (retired couple with some need for comfort and space). The handing over in Adelaide was very quick and uncomplicated; there was no detailed introduction nor checking of all the items in the van. We were very relieved when we got a message from Howard Morton introducing himself as our aid for the whole travel. As there were several incidents during this long trip like toubles with the engine, with the fridge and a torn tyre we only can say: Howards service was excellent. We always could reach him and he found a solution for any problem that didn't interfere our travel plans too much. We also appreciated the all inclusive policy of Kangaroo Campervans. We got everything we needed inclusive bed linen, kitchenware, insurance etc. There were no hidden nor extra costs. Even a car repair we payed we got refunded immediately.
We only can recommend this company. It has a good price-performance ratio and an excellent service.
Van was filthy, and damaged, many things like toaster and table were broken and most disturbingly one of the tyres was half bald. Manager tried to withhold deposit and blame me for damage, rude and out of touch with the poor standard and cleanliness of van.
We had the hitop for 6 weeks and we really enjoyed our trip. Despite a few problems with the water pump, we had no issue with the van during our 7000 km on the road. Very great staff service in Sydney, Howard was always there to answer our questions. Thank you!
Van, at the cheap end of what was available, did what we wanted for 15500km.
About 3 weeks in the clutch broke and we had to nurse it into Ulurhu, but that didn't delay us as it took 3 days to repair and we were staying for 4 anyway.