"Ne pas louer avec eux"
250 dollars de caution pris pour une pièce en plastique qui vaut 5 dollars ...
250 dollars de caution pris pour une pièce en plastique qui vaut 5 dollars neufs. Service client nul et van très vétuste pour le prix
My husband and I rented a Toyota Regius Ace (Kingsleeper) from Eurocampers for 5 weeks over Christmas & New Year and we were completely disappointed!
- It already started, when we picked up the van: the storage space was really narrow. We almost couldn't fit our luggage into it. Fortunately, we didn't bring a suitcase, but only travel bags. If you would have a suitcase, you would need to leave it outside, always standing in the way. When you book, Eurocampers should actually tell you about that, so that you know, what you can bring & fit into the camper.
- We also thought we would have a connection for power supply in the camper, but we didn't. Most of the campers in that size actually have a connection, but Eurocampers just didn't think it through. So, most of the things, like mobile phones, you can charge through the cigarette lighter in the van, when driving. However, our camera battery not. So always, when we went to a cafe or a paid campsite, we were looking for any possibility, where we could charge our camera battery.
- The camper was too small for my 1,8-meters husband...he couldn't sit upright at the table and he lie straight in the bed. Eurocampers could advise you on things like that before booking
- The cooling box was quite old and drew more volt than the cigarette lighter offered. So, our fuse melted twice and also our cable for the cigarette lighter melted.
- The tyres didn't have any profile left on them. So on Christmas Eve we got stuck in some gravel. We called AA, who told us that Eurocampers is not in the AA anymore. So they could only give us a number from someone who could pull us out, but we had to pay him 200 Dollars in cash, so he would come and do that. We called Eurocampers after the holidays and after seeing photos of the tyres, they told us they were still fine (even when they didn't have any profile and we always had problems parking on gravel) and that we had to pay the 200 Dollars ourselves.
- Shortly before New Year's Eve, our water tank broke, so we had to spent New Year's Eve at a workshop for 4 hours. The guy told us that there was a kink in the hose, so that's why the water or air couldn't get out fast enough and there was too much pressure on the tank, so it broke. He said, the way that everything was built in was very unprofessional and that it's no wonder it broke. In the evening we wanted to brush our teeth and recognised that now the water didn't drain from the sink. So the next day, we bought some tools ourselves and needed 1 hour to fix that.
- Finally, when we gave back the camper, we didn't get any apology or refund for all our troubles and all the time we spent fixing things in the campervan. They didn't even bring us to the airport for free, because the last shuttle already left and they weren't kind enough to give us even that for our troubles.
Conclusion: We had a lot of trouble and there was no cooperation from Eurocampers! So never book Eurocampers!
We loved our van and it didn't give us many troubles but we are extremely glad we didn't have any serious issues as the customers service is awful. If it is going to take you 2/1/2 hours to respond to an enquiry about the van don't say you will call back in 10 minutes and then refuse to pick up the phone for to hours and respect the fact that people are on holiday and value their time. It would also be good if the Christchurch and Auckland office had the same policy on things and if the company knew how to use the Skoot App. Many other customer service issues, in short good van (luckily) but I still wouldn't rent from them again.
I will never choose Euro Campers again! Horrible experience!
WARNING: Euro Campers bed bug disaster und irresponsible behaviour. They gave us an infected motorhome (we found a prior customer who already complained about it). They didn't take responsibility, didn't care about the impact on our belongings and left us all alone with this disastrous situation, which ruined our holiday. To this day they refuse to pay any refund or compensation. They are either ignorant or fully aware not interested in the severity of a bed bug infection and proper treatment.
We felt completely left alone, not taken seriously and treated as a pain that needed to go away as quickly and painless (for Euro Campers) as possible. We surely didn't feel like customers who just spent over 20000 Euros but are now left with financial damages in the thousands and ruined holidays and have to deal with the aftermath and legal action.
In case you want to know more read the whole story in detail here: https://sites.google.com/view/eurocampersholidaydisaster