Discover NZ Motorhomes is a small for hire motorhome company that offers 2-6 berth campervans and motorhomes. They have depots in Auckland and Christchurch with facilities in Nelson, Picton, and can arrange location to Blenheim, Queenstown, or Greymouth.
The company is a family owned business that has a branch by the name of Nelson Rentals that specialises in cars for hire. However, the company is run by Tony and Anna Marie Terrell who still have hands-on involvement with their bustling business.
If your concern is about where your money will be going, you can rest assured that it is going to a family operation that puts its dollars into their community.
Discover NZ has a fairly stellar reputation among other motorhome companies. This is due to their involvement in handling customer concerns swiftly and without hassle. The vast majority of customers report extreme satisfaction with the quality of the company’s vehicles and the service that they get.
Basically, the reputation of this company is one that gives a personal and solicitous touch without the hefty price tag of a luxury rental company.
Most ratings give Discover a 10 out of 10 when it comes to customer service and reliable operating equipment. That includes the vehicle’s mechanical components as well as the interior living space equipment. Whenever a customer complains about receiving less than stellar service or products, they are given undivided attention by the owners.
If something is not right with what you get, be sure to let them know while you’re still there, and they will fix it for you with a smile.
Apparently, problems do not occur often for this company, and when they do, they are handled with the swiftness and care you’d expect from a luxury company, directly by the owners.
The average age of the fleet is approximately 3-5 years, although some models are older. The age, of course, enables the company to offer the vehicles at budget prices (starting as low as NZ $40 per day).
Vehicle models include the following characteristics:
- Economy: Berths 2 adults in a double bed. Very basic and budget oriented. Bare bones features.
- Standard: Berths 2 adults in a double bed. Slightly a cut above the economy model, with microwave and gray water tank.
- 2 Berth S/T: Accommodates 2 adults in a double bed or two singles. Provides a bit more above the standard model.
- 2 Berth S/T Deluxe: Accommodates 2 adults in a double bed or two singles. Provides a much more comfortable ride than any of the other three 2 berth models.
- 4 Berth Deluxe: Accommodates up to four adults. Focused on comfort and budget friendly luxury.
- 6 Berth Deluxe: Accommodates up to six adults. Focused on comfortable travel and budget friendly luxury.
There are a lot of extras that are considered standard on these models, some not found with other vehicle rental companies, but mostly, they are competitive with their counterparts. Some extras that are included are:
- Pillows, duvets, sheets, and towels.
- Cookware and crockery.
- Teapot and coffee plunger.
- First Aid kits.
- Chemical toilets.
- Toasters and gas lighters.
- Fire extinguishers are standard.
They also offer a number of for hire extras, including:
- Kruse GPS Audio Guide
- Portable toilets for models that don’t have them included
- Picnic tables and fold away chairs
- Baby and booster seats
- Portable DVD players
The prices will be included in your quote for these items. They are not published on the website.
This is one of the best motorhome companies you’ll find on the market. They bend over backwards to make their customers happy. They have a wide variety of motorhomes that they can offer at decent prices for a budget holiday that is practically worry free.