"Avoid them at all cost!!"
I should read Spaceships feedbacks around some websites before booking with...
I should read Spaceships feedbacks around some websites before booking with them (the real people ones). Firstly, nothing is good enough to be true, their cheaper prices and promises will get your attention straight away. I did not see these signs and now I am another victim. They use tricky adds on their portal such as "book with confidence", "You will never lose your deposit" etc etc. at the end the will wash their hands with the fine print. STAY AWAY at all cost, there are hundred of companies around don't just go because pricing, like me. I'll regret always. They also use to change policies very often to avoid responsibilities.
We feel like we had bad luck with spaceship since all the other reviews are so positive, but our experience with spaceship was definitely not the best :
- THE CAR HAD A MECANICAL BREAKDOWN LITTERALY TWO DAYS AFTER WE PICKED IT UP THAT ALMOST COST US OUR LIVES; Some bolts were missing near the motor, and the motor belt snapped, damaging a lot of things inside, and overheating the motor, wich made the antifreeze liquid explode all over. THIS MEANS THAT THERE IS NO MECANIST CHECKING THE CARS WHEN THEY ARE GIVEN TO CUSTOMERS, which is dangerous AND irresponsible.
- The car had 300.000+ Km and did 9 to 11 L /100 km (which is a LOT compared to most vehicules)
- The vehicules are not self contained, when for less price other companies offer self-contained vehicules
- The sliding doors of the car were broken and did not function proprely.
- The car was FULL of dents, and on one side the metal was so broken it was almost dangling!
- The person in charge of our dossier, Jake in Auckland, was truely unhelpful. He litteraly gave us the key of the car, and send us our way. Thanks god we asked another spaceship employee for the information : Martin was really nice and told us how to turn on the fridge, how to open the reservoir, the hood, where are the tools in case of a flat tire, and other important information, which saved our day during the mechanical breakdown. Appart from Jake and customer service, the front staff was nice.
- Furthermore, we booked our Beta 2S Premium via an agent in Australia (happy travels, never, EVER go with them) who told us he could get us some better price (i.e, quote unquote "reduce the price, include a ferry crossing or include a "summer pack" (sun showers, table and seats) in the deal"). We paid, and then litteraly a day later, when we went to spaceship's website, the price was nearly 1000$ cheaper ! (you read that well, 1/5th of the price, one thousand NZ dollars cheaper). We tried to discuss with spaceship's custumer service, who laughed at us and told us that "the prices are like airline prices, they can change at any moment". Since there was a time stamp on our booking (and that it was less than 24hours ago) and the customer service was so bad, we definitely felt as if we were being ripped off, and that this happened daily.... Not a great way to start a collaboration.
- 0/10, would never rent again!!
Very good car, great service, no surprises. I recommend!
Great car overall! Very convenient having everything in to the tiniest detail. Great mechanical shape. Very good service from the guys at the depot. I definitely recommend.
Loved our experience with Spaceship. Car got us where we needed to be and had some really nice touches that fully maximised the (extremely limited) space available. I've been in vans three times as big that felt much more cramped. Great way to see the country at a good price.
In New Zealand our rental experience with Spaceships was good. The staff was very friendly, helpfull and with patience.
The campervan was new and everything worked.
Even when we (very slowly) had hit a (small tree). The bump was directly taken care of by a mechanic when we arrived to return the car. This made us feel like we could trust the way It was handled and the price we had to pay to fix It.
Good experience with New Zealand.
The campervan showed poor acceleration when we needed to take over and get prepared to fill the tank quite often, the petrol consumption is really high...
Appart form that the pillows and duvet were amazing :)